Monday, September 25, 2006

Week of September 24 - Monday's Are Golden Days

"Really?", you say. "What do you mean??"

Hehe, Monday is the day I am a work from home dad. This is something I cherish very much as this is quality time together with just Emily and me. I have felxibility on my Monday work schedule and typically only have a couple of conference calls. So the rest of the day can be devoted to working on assignments that don't require interaction with others, and this gives me flexibility to do my work around Emily's normal daily schedule.

And I love it!! These are golden days that I only get one chance in life to enjoy. Interspersed with my work assignemnts.....it's a funfest with Emily. I make sure to set aside specific play times with Emily during the day and I usually prepare special meals for her as well. In fact, for her late afternoon meal today, Emily is going to have some specially prepared tofu and noodle dish. She loves tofu and she loves noodles.

As this is a Monday when I am posting this, I thought it would be fun to capture a few photos of the day to include in this weeks blog update.

This first photo shows Emily putting toy coins into her toy piggy-bank. Once she learned how to coordinate the orientation of the coin to the slot (took a few weeks to get the hang of this) this is now one of her favorite day's events. I have to open the bank often and spill out the coins so she can have another go at it. The really hilarious thing about Emily and coins...... sometimes she struggles with a coin a bit geting it lined up on the slot. When this happens, she will give it about 10 seconds of trying, then she pauses holds the coin up so she can look at it (as though to observe that it must be defective) and then she tosses it aside and grabs another coin and proceeds along. Yepper, my girl is NOT the most patient baby in the world. And I don't know why, but more often then not, it is the red colored coins this happens with.


This next photo shows Emily playing with her little music player. Emily has had this player for months now and is quite the pro at punching the skip forward/backward buttons to sequence to her favorite songs. Baa Baa Black Sheep being one of her favorite tunes, she actually has begun to sing along. She also likes to rock and shake her body as she plays music, and will now even put the player down so she can raise her ands up and sway with the music as well.


And then of course, there is the ever popular passtime of reading catalogs (as seen below). Emily loves to look at colorful catalogs (catalogs of anything, as long as they are colorful). This has been a favored passtime every since she discovered opening and reading the mail with mom.


A lunch time stroller ride is now a tradition on Mondays as well. I need the walking exercise and Emily loves to stroll for fresh air and sightseeing. So as shown in the photo below, I load Emily into the stroller (see below) and off we go at lunch for a 45 minute stroller ride through the neighborhood.


And then there is the old fashioned game of "gank the toy box" and spreading the contents everywhere :)


Emily is still taking two naps a day, though the morning nap time is becoming more of a 30 minute cat nap these days, so I have to check in and see if she is doing cat nap or real nap. Never know.... just like we never know if her morning and evening milk consumption is going to be 8 oz or more like 5 oz. Only Emily knows for sure, and we still are not getting an advance memo to alert us of her intentions. :)

'Til next week, take care everyone!

No comments: