Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Week of August 19 - What A Difference A Year Makes

My adorable little bean has been home for 16 months this week. And a wonderful 16 months it has been. I'm feeling a little nostalgic this week, so I wanted to share a few photos of Emily over the last 16 months.

Let's start with one of the first photos we took when we arrived home from China. Emily was doing very well and had bonded quite nicely with us in the first three weeks while we were in China to adopt and then to visit Nancy's family. I just love this photo, which is still the screen saver on our home computer.


It was just a few months later, and a much chubbier Emily in this next photo. Look at chubby cheeks!! [note that she is already a little gadget girl with her own little music player]


And it was only a year ago that my lovely little daughter was sporting just a few teeth but a lot of fashion sense and personality.


But look at Emily now. Walking, running, talking, full set of baby teeth, fashion sense, and a high desire to wear moms slippers and purse. :-)


In closing this week, I wanted to update everyone on new progress on Emily's part. Emily can now count to 10, but seems to like to skip the number 7 quite often [scratch head]. Emily can count each of her toes on one foot now. Emily continues to construct phrases on her own now and is getting more inventive each day. Just last night, Emily was sitting on the couch in the family room watching the Sprout Channel with Nancy and I came up and asked for a hug and a kiss. Emily's response was "baby busy". LOL... OK... I get it. Maybe after the episode of Sagwa is over. I asked her a gain a few minutes later, and once again she said "baby busy" and then started giggling. So at that point I knew she was just messing with me and so I picked her up and we exchanged kisses and hugs. I really have my work cut out for me in the years to come I think as I have a very clever and mischievous daughter on my hands.

1 comment:

Truly Blessed said...

I love the first picture -- no wonder it's still your screensaver. She's precious at any age...can't wait to see/read the next installment.