Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Week of March 2 - The Lettuce Princess

Most of our friends and family already know that Emily will pretty much eat any and all foods we offer her. Well, at least once anyway :) And she has a well developed reputation for liking all kinds of vegetables, especially green vegetables. Gotta love that as a parent!

The new thing in Emily's world of food now days is a well developed desire for Romain lettuce as a snack. Most people simply don't believe us when we share this finding with them. But I kid you not, our daughter is a lettuce eating princess, and she will ask for lettuce for a snack. "Daddy, I need a lettuce, please", says Emily. I pretty much try to keep Romain lettuce on hand these days to serve that craving.

What do you mean you don't believe me?? LOL. When in doubt photos to remove all doubt I say :)

So this week the photos I am sharing with friends and family are a sequence of Emily taking Romain lettuce leaf in hand and eventually scarfing down the entire leaf in a matter of 5 to 10 minutes. I kid you not!

And, here we go......snack time!

Mmmmmm.....yummy!

Going....

Going.....

And.....gone!


That's right folks, she ate the whole thing! She did share a couple of nibbles with Mommy, but other then that, my little munchkin ate that whole leaf of lettuce. And then she asked for more, "Daddy, more lettuce please!"

Now, to flip the coin on snacks (have to be honest and objective here), Emily will beg for a few chocolate covered raisins just as passionately as she will beg for Romain lettuce. :)

1 comment:

Truly Blessed said...

Hmmmm. Again, Emily gives me hope for the future.

We've been trying to encourage salads to Katie, but she just licks the dressing off and {{{shudder}}} should any of the actual lettuce get past her lips, spits it out with a "Like It!" (er, she means' "Don't Like It!").

I'm hoping some day she'll learn to actually eat the lettuce, like Emily!