The issue this week though is that Emily has adopted my phrase and turned it back on me. Yep, the other morning while I was getting Emily dressed for the day and she was being particularly uncooperative, as I appealed to her to listen and follow directions, she takes my cheeks in both hands and adjusts my face to be facing her and says "I'm in charge, you're the baby". And then giggles about it!
How's that for mischief? :-P And Nancy is standing on the other side of the room just crackin' up laughing at me.
So on that note, this first close up is of my daughter forming up some mischief. Mischief really should be her middle name, not Sarah. LOL

Looks like she is up to mischief doesn't it? Well she was. As you can see in the full photo here, Emily decided that all of her electronic toys needed to be scattered on the floor so that she could climb up on the table and start goofing off.
And of course after I snapped a photo or two, I asked her to clean up and put everything back on the table. Nope, not going to do it. She just giggles and proceeds into full goofing.
Oh well, score that day: Emily 2, Dadda 0
Along another line of Emily adventures, each day when we take Emily to her grandparents on our way to work we pass the school where we have enrolled Emily for preschool beginning this coming June. And each day she makes sure to let us know that she wants to go to school, pointing out the window and making pronouncements and appeals. We of course explain to her that she needs to complete her potty training before she can go to school. She will usually respond with "OK Daddy". Of course we rinse and repeat that whole conversation again in the evening when we pick her up to go home. :-P
Emily is doing quite well on the training part now too, but there are probably another two months before she is fully trained. We are happy that she will often ask to go pee on the toilet now and is getting good at going poo on the toilet also as long as we remind her it is time to (she is pretty predictable at this particular biological function which makes this part a whole lot easier). So things are lining up well on potty training with our plan to have her start school in June when the new school cycle begins. Nancy has registered her for school, and so now we just have to finish up the potty training, and we need to get past our planned trip to China at the end of April.
Meanwhile, I think the debate between Emily and I will continue on "I'm in charge, you're the baby". Maybe I can convince her that we should just gang up on Mommy. Yeah, that's the ticket, let's get Mommy!
2 comments:
WTF.... did I approve this? A trip to China in April... I didn't hear about this? Quick run to the mailbox for invitation. So what gives, family or heritage tour?
Jeffrey
I always look forward to seeing what Emily's up to, because I know Katie will be following in her footsteps just a month or two down the road.
I sure wish my sweet daughter would show some interest in the potty! Maybe it's not such a bad thing, though, as we're not sure if she'll be coming back to China with us when we head back for Ella...maybe diapers would be the best thing if we take her. I'll have to think some more on that one.
So, you've got a China trip planned next month? Do tell....
Post a Comment