
It was just 13 months ago (June of 2005) that Nancy and I began our journey to adopt Emily. Today she is part of our family in ways too deep to actually be able to describe in words, even for me. But let me give it a shot....
It is as though Emily has always been here with us, an inseparable part of our heart and spirit
We are so very happy and grateful to begin each day together with Emily when she awakes in the morning, stands up in her crib and smiles at us with arms outstretched.
We are so very happy and grateful to be part of her daily life, sharing with her, teaching her, learning from her, playing together, doing all the simple normal routine things together that we all call life.....being a Family together.
We are so very happy and grateful to end each day together with Emily, when it is time to curl her up in our arms and say goodnight to the little butterflies and flowers on her wall... to see her little smile as we place her in her crib and give her gentle little back rubs as she rolls on her side and relaxes..... to place her blanket over her for the night and enjoy her little smile as we tuck her in... and to give her that last little kiss of the day to forehead and cheek as we say "nite nite Emily" and quietly close the door and leave her to slumber.
If you had asked me last June how I thought life would be today with Emily, I would have shared with you all my visions and dreams. Today I simply share with you that the visions and dreams have come true to life.
Emily is a beautiful little butterfly that has landed on my heart, and my heart flowers for her.
2 comments:
Dear Nancy and Charles! Every time I read your notes about Emily I can see the effect she has on your life and see how happy she makes you both. I am glad that she found caring parents in a new country, parents who love her unconditionally and whose love towards her touches us all. I am proud of you and glad that I have a chance to know you. Elena
Happy 1st Birthday Emily! Nancy and Charles, I have enjoyed following your journey to Emily and your adventures once home. She's a beautiful little girl and such a blessing!
Valorie & Jojo (fellow Heartsent family)
7/28/05- Waiting for Mylee
Post a Comment