Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Week of December 17 - Christmas Time Nostalgia - Then & Now

I have the pleasure of enjoying the very best thing in the world this Christmas, My wonderful little girl Emily!!

One year ago, our little girl was playing in the Half The Sky Foundation Infant Care Center at her orphanage in China (photo below), while waiting patiently for us to come and pick her up (with hammer in hand too) :)


Today, our little girl is playing in the family room of our home.


Nancy and I talk often about how very special Emily is, how much we love her and adore her, and how it seems like she has been with us forever (it's only been 8 months!). When I see the look in Nancy's face when Emily cuddles up in her arms and reaches up to touch Mommy's cheek softly and giggle (Emily is a very affectionate and happy little girl), I am just amazed at the magic of it all. Mother and daughter together, sharing life's moments, enjoying each others company, loving one another deeply. It just does not get better then that. It shines through each day in their faces.

So Merry Christmas indeed this year!!

I can't wait for Christmas morning, when our little family of three get to open our presents togehter for the first time. Should be lots and lots of laughter, and fun, and cuddles, and play.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all kind readers and visitors of this blog.

1 comment:

Truly Blessed said...

EP (or C & N),

You will have a wonderful Christmas morning this year. Everything is so much more magical when it's viewed through the eyes of a child. Even the bows and paper take on a magical quality!

What a blessing it is to have our girls home, right where they belong!