Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Week of December 3 - Baby Hobbies

Yes folks, it's true!....babies have hobbies too!

"What!?", you say. Well, I'm so very glad you asked! Check out our little computer nerdette in action below. :)


See Emily, being a very good mimic and liking to sit on Mom or Dads lap while they do their computer nerd things, has now developed a taste for the computer. That is actually Emily in the photo two hand typing, pretty much like mommy does. She is not just banging her hands on the keys, she is actually mimicing moms two hand typing of keys, careful to tap the keys with her fingers and then looking up at mom and smiling with accomplishment. Go Emily!

By the way, I am also Emily's surrogate web brower and lapseat. Emily's current favorite web sites are:

http://www.webhamster.com/ Big giggles at this site :)

and

http://www.hasbro.com/playskool/tjbearytales/default.cfm?page=da and yes, there is a TJB coming for Emily at Christmas time too :)

On to other hobbies of Emily's. Next there is the ever popular hobby of cooking in the kitchen with dad.


See, now that Emily has free run of the kitchen area, she thinks it is the bomb to follow dad around while he is cooking. So now, Emily has her very own stove so that she can develop her cooking skills even further. The mircrowave and the blender by the way are her favorites. This is one of those talking, clanking, lots of stuff moving and making noises kitchens too! Can you whip me up some popcorn Emily?...Daddy is hungry!

This week, Emily has also branched out to flying, in her brand new Disney Tigger Airplane, comeplete with engine sounds, music, and a spinning propeller with lights.


So she can now go flying in the kitchen. Duck dad! baby in a plan incoming!!! And if course flying is something you can do in a lot of different places, so flying in the family room is good stuff too!


Did I mention already that Emily is a computer nerdette??


Oh, yeah, I did already mention that. :) Well, I'll mention it once again because along that line, the above picture shows Emily watching Dads computer screen and listening as it plays the MP3 track Mamma Hao. Nancy sings this song to Emily in the evening, while holding her and patting her. Since my Chinese is terrible, I took the lazy way out and simply browsed and captured a nice MP3 off the internet to play for Emily. The challenge here now for me is that Emily will come up to me in the early evening when I am working on my computer and point at the screen and say "Maaaaa" and then pat herself on the chest gently with her hand. What she is doing is letting me know it is time to climb up on my lap and have me play Mamma Hao for her. She loves to listen and watch the MediaPlayer light show that goes with it whild I gently pat her tummy or thigh. Naturally, I cannot get away with doing this only once. On average I am required to play the sound track 3 times before Emily is satisfied and willing to let me go back to what I was doing.

No comments: