
:) note the cute little blue fleece poncho Emily is wearing over top of her jammys. We try new clothing types from time to time with Emily to see what she likes/dislikes. Knowing she really likes wearing vests, we thought we would try a nice snuggly poncho. Sure enough, much to her Mom's delight, Emily loves it. Additional bedroom play photos below for your enjoyment.

Rummaging through her drawers for more books

And...back to reading again :)

Oh boy! a good book AND a basket full of toys! Does it get any better then that for a baby girl?! :)
So a bit later in the day (this was on Monday when I work from home and also spend quality time with my adorable daughter), it was time to make Emily's afternoon meal. Emily and I have agreed that she can watch as I prepare her meal, as long as she agrees to sit in her high chair. Emily shows a real interest in what I am doing when I cook in the kitchen, so I make a point to show her as I cook, holding pans so she can see in, letting her watch me mixing ingredients together. We both have fun with it. If her interest continues over time, I may have an assistant chef in the future :) But for now, Emily observes from a safe distance, provides advice to the chef (have I said before that Emily is constantly chatting and we engage together in conversations all the time? even though some of what she tells me goes right past me as I am a bit baby chat challenged).

"OK dada, what was that last ingredient you put in that pot again??"
After meal time was finished, it was time for Emily to scatter toys all around the kitchen again. Yep yep, I am making no real progress on convincing her not to do this yet. On the plus side, Emily has taken a real interest in little putt putt cars that you wind by pushing backwards and then letting them go. Emily finally figured out how to do this and the cars are much more interesting toys for her in the kitchen these days.

Vroom Vroom!
On matters that are fun for dad, Emily now likes to run from me when I say "I'm gonna get you!" She use to run towards me when I said that, now she laughs and giggles and runs the other direction, hoping I will catch her and tickle her. Fun time for us both.
See you all next week, with more Emily adventures.
1 comment:
I have to comment on the GORGEOUS photo/artwork of Emily on her bedroom wall. What an incredible likeness!
I hadn't thought about the poncho idea, but it's cute. It also looks like it could be easy to make one out of some fleece.
Glad to see someone else's family room is chock full of toys all over the place!
Post a Comment