For all of Emily's photo happy fans, I have a few good ones for you this week :)
Lets start with the little Winnie The Pooh Hunny Pot On the Head photos....

....isn't she darling! like a model on the fashion runway. That really is not a hat, it is a little hunny pot that normally contains small stuffed Pooh, Eor, Tigger, and Piglet. Of course Emily loves to pull the stuffed characters out of the pot and play with them, so some months ago I put the pot on her head. Initially, this was not a popular thing with Emily, but over the months she has gotten to where she likes to bring me the pot and have me put it on her head so that she can wear it around the house.
Next we have a photo of Emily, hunny pot still on head, and one of her stuffed toys attached to her back (back-pack style). That would be Jessup on her back in this photo as Emily heads over to one of her toy stashes (this one in our den upstairs).

I believe I shared with everyone last month that Emily has taken to using her little red bucket as a carry purse on her arm. I have sense bought her a little fluffy purse, but so far the fluffy purse is mainly being used as something to swing into the air and watch it fall to the floor. Silly baby!! However, Emily has taken a recent interest in credit cards, as you can see in this next photo of Emily carefully inspecting two old cards that her mommy is in the process of discarding. Hmmm.....Mastercard or Visa.... decisions decisions.

By the way, Mom being every the conservative protector of identities promptly confiscated said credit cards about 20 mintues later for proper shredding and disposal. But fear not, daddy quickly went and scooped up some blank gift cards at the local Target Store and now Emily has her very own card collection, albeit with a 0$ balance :)
My regular readers know from past posts that Emily loves books and particularly loves when Mommy or Daddy reads her a book. Well, the times they are a changing. More often now days, Emily will bring a book to one of us, place it in our lap, and then proceed to give us a very detailed lecture (in a combination of words we can make sense of and words we cannot of course) regarding contents on the pages of said book. In this next photo, we can see Emily and Nancy taking part in just this sort of adventure. [Note the smile on Nancy's face. That smile is seen very very often when Emily and Nancy are together.]

The last shared adventure this week takes place once again in the kitchen. I am the primary chef in the household and so the kitchen is one of my favorite places to play and have fun cooking, but it is also one of Emily's favorites as she likes to hang by close to me when cooking and mooch food. This of course provides me with opportunity for stress as I need to be careful not to bump into or step on Emily while moving about and I do get really paranoid about when there are hot items on the stove. So Emily and I have come to an agreement, when Daddy is cooking, Emily agrees to sit in her high chair in close proximity so she can see and watch what I am doing, but far enough away to avoid any chance of any stove related incidents. This is actually fun for us both as I can be preparing food on the stove and actually show Emily each step as I am doing it, including showing her what is in a pot or pan and watch as I add ingredients or stir. A win win for both of us :) In the end, what Emily thinks is really fun though is when Daddy gives her an empty box or container to play with. To that end, this last photo shows Emily with an empty Oat Meal Box in hand (she loves Oat Meal Boxes by the way, since Daddy showed her how to drum on them with her hands).

Stay tuned for next weeks progress update, as there are newly emerging Emily antics in the kitchen to be shared with you.
1 comment:
Starting her early on the credit cards, eh? Are you sure that's wise? It's probably a good thing she can't sign her name yet...
I love seeing her looking at her books. What an incredible gift you're giving her while she's young.
One of Katie's current favorites (besides "Good Night Moon" (which has to be read every night AND before every nap!) is Touch and Feel Animal Farm (a DK book). There's a dog in the book that is just like our dog, she loves to pet it.
Keep up the good reading!
Post a Comment