This week, Emily decided that she just had to have the freshly empty coffee can from Daddy as a new toy for her collection of noise making devices. Emily sees the can and promptly shouts, "drum Daddy! Can Emi Have?" Soft touch that I am, what can I say except "sure Emily". Besides, Emily loves to sing and dance and use musical toys of all kinds, so why not a coffee can drum.
Well, from the moment Emily takes possession of the coffee can, you guessed it, it's drum drum drum time. Not just sit on the family room floor and drum, I am talking walking around and around carrying the can in her left arm and drumming with her right hand.
Yep, you guessed, I saw a photo opportunity in the making. :-P So I grabbed the camera and lined Emily up in the view finder. Caught her by surprise too! This first photo is sort of deer in the headlight style as Emily detects me with the camera and pauses to consider her next steps.

Knowing her, I figured she would toss the can on the floor and run to get her own camera (as she often does) and commence dueling cameras with Daddy. Nope, low tech drum improvised from a coffee can trumps high tech fisher price toddler digital camera. LOL. And hence this follow-up shot of Emily continuing on her circle around the kitchen island, though giving me a suspicious glance at the same time.

That's my cutie. Always up to something, preferably something that makes noise. I may have the noisiest little daughter on the planet. I'm sure some parents would contest my claim however. :)
1 comment:
I have oft said that my child makes a disproportionate amount of noise to her size and age. We spent 2 years teaching them to walk and talk. We spend the next 16 years telling them to be sit still and be quiet!
Post a Comment