Each night, after we pick Emily up from her grand parents, we are blessed with long seranades of singing in the car. Emily loves to sing. And she is not afraid to improvise on the lyrics if she is not quite sure of the correct words. Singing ABCs is very popular these days, and to keep her desired brisk energetic singing pace she will routinely leave out the letters H, I, J, K, and X. I guess these slow here down somehow, because she knows them and she will sing correctly along correctly with one of us if we sing with her. And then of course there is the traditional challenge with L, M, N, O. Emily has that mastered through with a very brisk and quick "m, m, m, o, p". It is hilarious to listen and to watch her little mouth chomping through a quick successions of "m's".
And then there is the ever popular Itsy Bitsy Spider. Emily loves to have us sing this song to her, and she likes to sing along as well. However, when singing solo Emily converts it to Itchy Itchy spider. LOL
I could go on and on about the singing adventures of Emily, but you all really want to see photos. I know, because I'm getting mail from various sources (even Nancy is getting email about this) complaining about me being a slacker here lately. :)
Here is a cute series of photos showing Emily doing some "puppy & purse" fashion role playing.



Quite a bit of personality being projected there. And speaking of personality, Emily continues to amaze us as her personality expands and grows. She is very conversational (most would say that understates Emily). When I say conversational, I mean pretty much talking all the time, and doing so with a rather amazing vocabulary for a toddler. She copies words and communications styles incredibly quickly, and then takes it a step further and constructs her own conversation from there. "That's very nice Mommy, thank you". "mmmm, delicious!". That's fantastic!". "Daddy, I need a hug". "Can I scoochy over?" (which is very a very popular thing for Emily to say when she is drinking her evening milk and she wants cuddle up next to me while she drinks. Emily pretty much constructs conversational sentences on the fly now. And then there is the whole Mandarin part of her expanding conversation. Emily is very conversational with her grand parents in Mandarin, and with Nancy as well if Nancy talks to her in Mandarin. She is smart too, as she knows when to switch back and forth between English and Mandarin depending on the family member she is chatting with.
Last week we took a trolley ride once again. Emily loves the trolley, so we decided to take a trip to the mall via trolley. Here is Emily and Nancy riding together on the trolley.

And of course trolley rides mean lots of looking out the windows as the trolley races along.

Later that same day, we ordered pizza for dinner. Emily is a pizza monster these days and has developed the classic one hand style of loading a slice of pizza into her mouth.

And to take it a step further, Emily has recently adjusted pizza eating style to include a two handed approach as well.

More Emily adventures next week. :)
2 comments:
As the dad in a house full of women I feel left out on many fronts as well. There is that whole daddy is a boy thing and all I do is fold panties. Now I can see that you don't speak the language at hand. Hhmmm, want to borrow my cabana boy outfit!! Often I am told that the only male cat has mysteriously disappeared and we are only left with the female cat. So I am still down on the animal department.
We sing the same way and she seems to forget the numbers, 5, 6, and 7 jumping from 4 to 8 and sometimes straight to 17. Today I asked her a question about where "my cookie" went too and she shrugged her shoulders, swung her arm and said Oh Darn. If she could snap her fingers I am sure she would have done that as well.
Yeah, I was going to sign on bitch as well but lucky you saved the day! Tip of the hat to you!
Nancy and Emily are SO beautiful!! Give them both huge hugs from us, k???
~Thraza
Post a Comment