
Shopping for clothes and shoes for Emily is actually a lot of fun! I think I enjoy it as much, if not more so, then Nancy does. And since I am the one that picks out Emily's clothing and dresses her each day, I get lots of say in the choice of clothes and shoes too :) So the new sneakers were a great find (see photo below)as they will go with almost all of Emilys' wardrobe and are great training shoes as she is advancing pretty quickly from walking toward running.

So, with new shoes on those cute little feet, Emily was up for playing on her tricycle. She is not quite old enough yet to work the pedals, but she already understands that is where the little feet go and is comfortable with the steering wheel and the seat now (see below). She is even willing to take back seat riders with her too, as you can see with Mr Snowman there riding in the back :)

My sister Gayle came to town to visit this week (which is why I'm late with this weeks post!). This is her first time meeting Emily, and I think both she and Emily had a great time together too. So it is very much fitting for me to post a couple of photos here of Emily and sis playing together.


The day my sister arrived, we were scheduled to attend a 1 year birthday for one of Emily's cousins Izzabella (We all call her Bella). It was once again a traditional Chinese banquet celebration and Emily had a great time even though these things tend to run into the evening and she zonked out in her car seat about 2 minutes after we started our journey home :) I think I have mentioned before how much Emily loves Balloons. All night long she kept wanting to play with the balloons scattered around the banquet tables. Bella's mom let us take a set home for Emily to play with, so she was very much a happy little girl with balloons in tow for the journey home. We set the balloons up for her in the family room for the next day and sure enough, she could not wait to play with them as soon as she saw them (photo below).

Emily loves to grab the strings and pull the balloons down so she can see them up close. She also likes to pick up the weight sack at the end and walk around the room with them. And she is really really good at dropping them exactly between dad and the TV and then walking away to get a toy too!! :)
All in all, a busy week for Emily with the banquet birthday event, Auntie Gayle in town for 4 days, new shoes, lots of balloon mischief....plus all the regular day to day activities.
4 comments:
OMG! She is such a big girl already. Elena
Um, you don't need a TV to keep you occupied, you have Emily!
LOL.... very true TB!
Though it seems Emily just won't give me the 30 minute summary on the world news for some reason :)
Hey EP,
Okay, the news is okay. Just make sure she doesn't see any of the garbage that's on during the day (or I'll tell the CCAA on you!).
We've reached the final countdown, but still have two days to get all of the last minute details taken care of (thankfully, we have two computers, because mine is already packed! -- but I've got to check 'my' blogs!).
I just spoke with K1, and she's ready as well (I have to admit she did a better job with her suitcase than I did with ours -- BUT we're under 44 lbs., so that's all that counts!).
Post a Comment