See it seems that while Emily is rapidly learning to speak a number of Chinese words, she does so with a pronounced American accent! Well, at least according to my wife anyways...hehe. I think her Chinese sounds just fine to me..LOL. Nancy blames me for this of course too.
Emily is expanding her vocabulary quite a lot these days. She says balloon now (pronounced baoon, sans any "L"s). She says flower now too (pronounced fawer, oops.. a missing "L" again. Seems to be a pattern here as she also continues to say apple with no "L" as well. That sure sounds like she is speaking english with a Chinese accent to me!! :-P
So as you can see, the debate about accents is very much a work in progress between Nancy and I.
One thing I do admire though is how sharp our little girl is. She understands and comprehends much more then she can speak still, but it is fun to see the vocabulary starting to really come along.
Creative motor skills continue to develop as Emily has now conquered the family room couch and can climb up on to it as well as down from it. That's bad for me of course because that means I find her up on the couch having a good time whenever she feels like it now, and if I left a remote control there then she will be banging away on the keys every chance she gets while grinning at me. Below are a few photos from her yesterday when she decided that reading a book was a pleasure best enjoyed while up on the couch, just like dad does. She walked over the couch with a book in her hands, tossed the book up on the couch and promptly hiked her right leg up over the edge and pulled herself onto the couch to sit and read. I could not get to the camera fast enough to snap the climb up..I'm still working to catch that move :)





The last photo above is actually Emily trying to get me to come over and sit with her. She loves to sit in my lap while I hold the book in front of us so she can point at items on the pages and have me say the words for her. It's a texture book too, so she loves to feel the different textures while chatting away in my lap. See very often, she and I have a different view of the correct word for something and since she is pretty strong willed, she will debate with me too....like a week or two ago when she insisted the dinner rols were Bao Bao 'cause that is what Grandpa taught her. Emily also is not shy about taking my hand and making me touch and feel the differnt textures as well, which I find hilarious.
I get asked by everyone if we are dressing Emily in a costume for Holloween this year. We are not. It would be a great photo opportunity I am sure, but we are going to wait until next year for costumes, as Emily should be old enough then to really enjoy it.
In closing for this week, Emily turned 15 months old this last Saturday. Way to go Emily!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment