Friday, October 19, 2007

Week of August 14 - Good To The Last Drop :)

That is Emily's opinion regarding a big bowl of Rice Krispies and milk. Her exact words as a recall were "mmmmmm..good to drop Daddy" LOL, close enough. I certainly know what she means.

Emily loves to drink from a bowl (a very traditional Chinese thing by the way) and learned this from her grandparents who care for her during the week while we are at work. She learned this drinking warm soy milk in the morning with her grandparents, and it has since branched out to include slurping soup broth (which she loves) as well as now the left over milk in the cereal bowl. While she normally drinks her morning and evening milk from her favorite capped mug with a straw, and she can definitely drink from an open cup, it seems that drinking from a bowl is something that she has developed to a finely refined talent, as you can see in this short sequence of photos from a morning breakfast session.





Note: we switched to a larger bowl for morning cereal for Emily because she has a very good appetite, and we are tired of refilling the little bowls. No problem. She gobbled down her Rice Krispies and then picked up the bowl in both hands and drank down all of the milk too.

On a separate munchie topic, Nancy was laughing at Emily and I the other night. I had made a bowl of popcorn and when I sat down to start snacking, Emily saw me and came over and asked for "popcorn Dadda, please". So I went and got a small bowl and put some popcorn in the bowl and gave it to Emily. She smiled and giggled and headed back to the couch and sat down to eat her popcorn while she continued to watch the nightly episode of Noddy on the Sprout channel. So there we are each munching on our bowl of popcorn, and Nancy is just cracking up and mumbling about how Emily and I are two birds of a feather in so many ways. Then of course Nancy wanted to mooch some of my popcorn, so that makes it three birds of a feather from my perspective. Lucky for Nancy, the camera was not handy or I would have been snapping photos of her chowing down on popcorn. :-P

No comments: