
Anyone notice anything about this photo? Other then Emily shoveling the cereal with great dispatch? Emily is using her left hand to eat. This is becoming more common over the last couple months. In spite of placing the spoon on different sides of the bowl or plate at meal time, Emily shows a strong preference for eating with her left hand when using a spoon. When eating with her fingers however, either hand seems fine by her. Now when she draws, or plays with toys or gadgets, she uses her right hand. So at the moment we have an ambidextrous switch hitter on our hands and we are not yet sure where this will lead in the long run. She may continue on ambidextrous or she may settle in with one hand favored over the other. Time will tell, and we intend to give her complete freedom to decide on her own.
This next photo is presented not because it is a great photo. It really isn't, because Nancy is playing "hide from the camera". but it is a cute photo because it shows Nancy and Emily together having fun. Mainly, this photo is being shared so that Nancy understands that even goofy photos where she is avoiding the camera will not be suppressed on the blog. Maybe next time she will share her pretty smile with the camera :-)

I mentioned back at the end of July that Emily received a toddlers learning computer from "Papa". It has been a big hit with Emily ever since she received it, so I thought it would be cool to show a recent photo of Emily doing letter exercises on her computer. One of the learning modes on the computer is that it displays a letter and Emily is asked to find the letter on the keyboard in response. Since she knows her letters already, this should be a slam dunk, but the computer shows her the lower case version of the letter and she has to match the upper case on the key board. So that's a challenge to match correctly, but actually Emily is doing pretty well and can match about a third of the alphabet now. This photo is a little grainy due to the flash not going off, but if you click on it to see it better, you will notice that the little toes on the right foot appear to be concentrating as hard on the task as Emily is :)

So many of my stories and photos are about a very active an animated Emily. And Emily certainly is a high energy toddler for sure. Once in a while though, she has a few moments when she just sort of chills out and relaxes for a bit. I was lucky enough to actually have a camera in hand for this next photo. So here I can share a glimpse of the more quiet Emily as she ponders something (what I'm not sure but I can assure you her mind moves as fast or faster then the rest of her).

She's a very pretty little girl (and yes I may be biased, but that does not mean I am wrong :) )
1 comment:
She's growing up before our eyes!
Look at her concentration at the computer keyboard. Wow. And she looks so contemplative in the final shot. Why do they grow up so quickly?
I'm not just asking about Emily, your beautiful daughter, you know, I've got a Junior in High School who is going away for the weekend looking at colleges -- how in the world did he get to be that old? Eek, I can't have a kid in college and one in diapers, can I? Apparently I can.
Emily is beautiful. So is Nancy. Next time she should smile for the camera, tell her I agree with you!
Post a Comment