Thursday, October 04, 2007

Week of September 30 - A Little of This, A Little of That

Let's start this week with a little update on Emily and her alphabet. I believe I mentioned some number of weeks back that she knows all of her alphabet now. Over the last month, Emily has been refining her skills in pronouncing each of the sounds for each letter. Some letters have one sound, some two, and some three. I have been impressed with her continued development here as it is really helping her expand her vocabulary spontaneously. I give a lot of the credit to the LeapFrog Fridge Phonics. Great educational toys, and Emily loves to play with her Fridge Phonics set, as can be seen in these first photos. There is a downside to the Fridge Phonics though, for me at least. Emily insists after inserting and sounding each letter that she must take the letter over to me and sound the letter, and then insist that I sound the letter too. Bummer for me though, because I am old and not that trainable anymore. :-P

Dada sneaks a photo of Emily working the letter D.

Emily strikes back by giving Dada the silly face :)

Dada sneaks around the other side of the kitchen island to try to sneak another photo. Busted, Emily catches Dada in action. "Hey Dada, what you doing?"

After a while, LeapFrog got old and Emily drove up on her little Disney Airplane into the kitchen and asked for some raisins. Emily gets some raisins. Emily loves raisins.

Emily is quite the copy cat these days. Just about anything I say or do Emily will copy. This of course is designed to keep me on my toes and on my best behavior too :) And Nancy is usually near by to keep me on the straight and narrow.

And by the same token, Emily likes to copy Nancy too. Nancy was working on her computer at the table in the kitchen, with her feet up on the rolling ottoman she had move to a convenient position. Emily of course wanted a piece of that action and so she quickly went and got her little chair and placed in by the ottoman, pushed Nancy's feet from the ottoman and then put her feet up just like Mommy does.


Yepper, that's my adorable daughter. I love her so much! and she is so much fun to spend time with. It is of course extra fun when Emily and I team up to put some father/daughter mischief on Nancy. :-P

1 comment:

Truly Blessed said...

We pulled our identical alphabet toy out of the closet today. So far, it's not a hit. Soon, though...