Saturday, December 22, 2007

Week of December 16 - Emily & T. J. Bearytales

Emily and T. J. Bearytales sharing some quality story and song time. :)



Several months back I shared that we had taken the T J. Bearytales singing bear that Emily had received for Christmas out of storage and let her begin to play with it. While it is basically for 3+ years of age, Emily tends to be on the leading curve in terms of anything of a cognitive interactive nature. So at 2 years old, out comes T. J. and Emily quickly learns to work the controls on his backpack and listen to him sing and tell stories. It was quite an event for a number of weeks for Emily and then as with so many things, she moves on for a while to other things of interest.

Well, T. J. Suddenly become a big hit again, with Emily spending more then an hour at a time with him listening to his stories and laughing and giggling. So I think she has moved far enough along that we can begin to take out the other story/song cartridges for T. J. that are still in storage. So I think we will bring these out this Christmas and see how she does with them.

And on a totally different fun and play front, I rarely get any time to myself to play games on my Xbox 360 anymore. As soon as I light off a game and sit down to play, Emily takes and immediate interest in what I am up to and wants a piece of the action. I am happy to say that she no longer tries to take the game controller out of my hand. Always the creative and inventive girl though, Emily had recently taken to the concept of grabbing one of her large Lego blocks and sitting down next to me and pretending she has a game controller her of her own and is playing right along with me. :-P OK, who is actually controlling the game here?? LOL My daughter.....always the copycat. :)

2 comments:

Truly Blessed said...

Hi all...

Just stopping by to wish the three of you the Merriest Christmas ever!

Hope your holiday wonderful!

Truly Blessed said...

Duh. There should be an "is" in the last sentence of the last post. Sorry.