Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Week of May 20 - Can You Say Cheese? Emily Can :)

That's right folks. I found out this week that Emily has learned to say "cheese" whenever someone points a camera at her now. Turns out that her Mommy taught her that one day when I was not paying attention.

I thought I would start off this weeks post with some morning photos that are very typical of Emily's daytime routine. Monday is my work from home day, so I get to be a stay at home dad juggling work assignments with Emily assignments :-P This first photo is typical Emily as she starts her day at the table in our family room playing with different toys and such. Note that that Huggies box (her current favorite) is really starting to look a little worn too. I said, "hey Emily", and Emily looked up from what she was doing, saw the camera in my hands, and promptly said "cheese!"


More often then not, after Emily finishes playing at the table, she will head on over to the other side of the family room and begin the daily ritual of unloading the lego blocks from the bin. Some days, she picks the whole bin up and turns it over. Today I guess she is in a patient mood and is taking them out one by one. You just never know with Emily, LOL. Notice that Emily does quite well self feeding now, but I have to be honest and say that she has not learned to work the sides of the bowl yet, so while this starts out neat and clean it get pretty messy later on if I don't intervene to assist.


Breakfast time is most often Dad's special oatmeal (made special by Dad with chopped raisins, oatmeal, milk, and a dash of baby oatmeal cereal powder for extra creaminess). Emily loves oatmeal. The grandparents insist on knowing my secret recipe, but I'm not telling :-P



Turns out that it was going to be a nice warm sunny day, so I at lunch time, Emily and I took a break and headed over to the park for some outdoor fun. First on Emily's agenda at the park was to chat up one of the boys. Emily is talking and talking and talking, and the poor little fella is just standing there, not knowing what to say. LOL, all he really wanted to do was to ride the little horse in peace.


I call this next one the "hmmm, I wonder if daddy is watching??" pose. "Yes baby, I certainly am, but thanks for asking". See, one thing is certain with Emily at the park, at some point she is going to make a run for it and I have to keep up. :)


Not yet making a run for it, but always on the move. The little boy has since moved on, so Emily is searching for a new chat target.


This next photo shows Emily quietly pausing under the shade of a tree. Nancy and I both love this photo a lot and it has become the current background for our computer desktops at work.



I still need to prep some more of the photos from the park for the blog here. I'll post those later this week or early next week.

As always, thanks for stopping by to see what Emily is up to this week!

1 comment:

Truly Blessed said...

Gorgeous picture of a gorgeous little lady!

Love the "chat target" comment. Too funny!

BTW, I understand Daddy is teaching things to Emily when Mommy's not around, too, What's that expression...tit for tat? : )