Friday, November 16, 2007

Week of November 11 - Always On The Move

Emily is quite a busy little girl, and that is the general theme of this weeks post.

Emily literally is almost always on the move, doing something that stimulates and tests her skills and learning, and yet very fun loving and playful. There is a common conversation theme at the moment between the immediate family here (myself, Nancy, and Nancy's parents). That conversation theme centers on savoring those moments when Emily is quiet and settled down into some activity. See, Emily is very much an extrovert, very talkative, and loves to be in the middle of every conversation. So when those quiet moments do appear, we do indeed savor them :)

This first photo shows Emily all dressed up and ready to go to her grand parents house for the day (Emily spends day times with her grandparents while Nancy and I are at work). Emily has the routine down to a science as well. When we open the garage door in the morning, Emily goes and stands on the side walk with her lunch bag and waits for Mommy to come stand with her, while Daddy moves the car out of the garage. Then we all load up and off we go.


In a completely different direction, but still very much on the topic of our busy daughter, her little toddler learning laptop from VTech is a continued favorite of her many gadgets. And, while she has her very own little desk and chair to use, sometimes Emily is feeling the need to roam a bit. It is however, a laptop she has :) In this next photo, Emily has decided to set up shop next to the couch by taking a pair of her recycle boxes and set up table and chair where she wants, rather then where her desk (which she cannot move) is located. she sets up the two boxes, gets her laptop, sets up camp, opens her laptop, turns it on and starts going through her letter and music exercises.



And then there is the every popular "fly-bys" that Emily's likes to do in the Kitchen on her little Tigger & Friends Airplane. Emily loves to run flight patterns around the island counter in the kitchen and in and out between the kitchen and the family room. I would have to say that of all the toys we have purchased for Emily since we brought her home from China, this one is in the top-3 on her favorites list. It has lights, and buttons, the propeller spins around and it makes little airplane engine noises and plays music all at once. I have to say sometimes that plane does drive us toward "crazy" :-P, but very much an Emily favorite.


I do however reserve the right, as the Daddy in the house, to retain full air traffic control authority on the kitchen space. When I am cooking, we need to restrict the air space until further notice and I admit that my rather insistent and persistent little daughter will push the boundaries on this if she can. But hey, I have dining chairs I can place strategically in the main flight pattern if I need to to temporarily deter any unauthorized "fly-bys" One of the perks of being the Daddy authority in the house is the way I see it. :-P

2 comments:

Truly Blessed said...

So glad you didn't put the purple coat away. What a doll she is in it!

Can you tell me the specific name of the laptop? We're thinking of one for Katie for Christmas -- but I want one that closely approximates the "real thing" as Katie is all about my laptop (but that's a real "no-no" around here!)

Best wishes for a fantastic Thanksgiving to the three of you!

Emily's Parents said...

Hi TB.

This particular Laptop is the Vtech Learning Laptop. Vtech has a number of models for different age groups and if I recall correctly, this was the one for 3years+. We purchased it at ToysRUs.