So this year, we decided that we would encourage Emily to share in the experience of answering the door and giving out treats to the tick-or-treaters. We were not sure how she would take to the idea since she still is not fond of intruders ringing our door bell. But I am happy to say that she really had a blast with the whole thing and did an outstanding job of helping Nancy answer the door and give out the treats. In fact, by the third or fourth time, Emily had the routine down perfectly and would smile and make eye contact with each trick-or-treater and then take a treat out of her little pumpkin bag and place it in their bag. So Nancy basically only had to open the door and then Emily would take over from there. She was adorable. And speaking of adorable, of course Emily dressed in costume for the event. Take a look at our little "Pumpkin" as she waits for the door bell to ring.

Next year for Halloween, Emily and I will go out and do full on trick-or-treat in the neighborhood and leave Mommy home to answer the door and hand out the treats.
These next few photos are of Emily in her jammies in the morning time. This first photos shows Emily dancing to music on the Sprout Channels Morning show. Emily loves to sing and dance, so the slightest music or singing will get her going for sure.

After the dancing was done, I asked Emily if she was hungry and wanted breakfast, and she gave a very enthusiastic "YES" and headed straight for her high chair to climb up and wait for food. So this is my daughter climbing up into her chair (and I will emphasize that Emily very much does not want to be put in her chair any more, she wants to climb up on her own.


It was a bit later in the morning that Emily decided to do some drawing on her little sketch pad. I sure wish we had these when I was a kid, but all we had was Etch-A-Sketch and there was no way to not have lines connecting everywhere as we tried to draw rather squarish pictures. These new tablets the kids have are great because they work with a magnetic pen, and that means plenty of creative freedom and no writing on walls either. :-P Emily drew an apple today and wanted me to see it, so I thought I would share it with everyone here as well. How do I know it is an apple? Because Emily told me it was an apple. I can definitely see the resemblance and I have been impressed for months now at her ability to draw soft shapes and shapes that mimic things she sees and knows.

So Emily continues to show a lot of artistic talents in singing, dancing, and drawing. We have no idea in what ways this will continue as she grows but we do try to give her a lot of opportunities to be who she wants to be and explore and experience. Time will tell where this all leads Emily, and I'm excited to watch as she develops her own particular aptitudes and interests.
1 comment:
I love her little Halloween costume.
Katie went to three houses all dressed up in her ladybug costume. She has the "twik or tweet" all down pat.
BUT, she especially loved handing out candy to our trick or treaters. She was VERY generous with the kids (especially those that stayed around longer than 10 seconds!).
Post a Comment