Friday, November 09, 2007

Week of November 4 - The Artsy Side of Emily

I have commented in earlier posts about how Emily likes to draw, particularly on her little fisher Price magnetic drawing pad.

Well folks, she is starting to get serious about it now. This week, Emily was watching Zaboomafoo on the Sprout Channel, one of her favorite programs, and decided to apply her art skills in the process. I'm not sure if you are familiar with this program but it is a PBS program that is centered on two men called the Kratt Brothers and a puppetized character named Zaboomafoo that is styled after a Lemur. Emily loves the program because it features different creatures each episode and it is in fact quite educational. The link to the program is http://pbskids.org/zoboo/index.html

Anyway, about 10 minutes into the program, Emily calls over to me, points at her little drawing tablet and says "Zaboo Daddy". So I go over to check and see what she is talking about and look at what I found!


That is actually a pretty good drawing of Zaboo! For a 2 year old, I'd say it is pretty phenomenal especially as a free form effort without any encouragement at all. Better then I could draw for sure, though my artistic talents are not a bar of any consequence to aspire to. :-P

Of course I went and grabbed the camera to snap a photo before she decided to erase it and move on to something else. And of course my daughter, ever the mimic of things "Daddy" does, decided that she needed to go get her camera and snap a photos or two as well. LOL.



And that folks is my adorable little artsy Emily in action. Amazing little girl, even if I do say so myself.

1 comment:

Global Girl said...

Impressive :)