I can happily say that Emily had a blast, and I have photos to prove it too :-P
In line for fishing. This turned out to be a bit of a disaster as Emily quickly surmised that the fishing pole was a huge waste of time and plunged her right hand into the water up past her elbow. Normally, I wouldn't care, but it was kind of chilly out and now we had a baby girl with wet long sleeves. I gave Nancy a bit of a lecture about that one :-P

Emily quickly lost interest in fishing, but I have to say, the sand box was a huge hit. I think she spent about 20 minutes there exploring the sand, using the shovels, and filling cups with sand. Big hit, and now I have to go get one of these for our patio for summer time :)

When sand got old, Emily turned to one of the tricycles and took off on a short tour of the back yard. Note: No other kids were harmed in this exercise. :)

Croquet anyone? Emily found croquet to be definitely to her liking and quickly figured out on her own that the mallets were for hitting the balls. She cheats though as you can see, as she prefers to use two mallets at the same time. That's my girl, always looking for leverage :)


After the croquet got kind of old, which was not until Emily trashed all the hoops that were set up, it was time for some spin time on the little mad hatter ride. Emily had only one comment to go along with her smiles and laughs, "WEEEEE"

A little later, it was time to move indoors as the weather was getting colder outside and we were getting ready for the cake and ice cream ceremony for the birthday boy (who by the way is that adorable little fellow in the blue shirt walking toward Emily's right hand.

And now for a quick photo opportunity of Emily and Nancy as everyone begins to gather for the cake ceremony. The two most precious people in my world.

I never did get any photos during the cake and ice-cream. It was just to crowded and I did not want to get in the way of all the kids enjoyment. However, after that, we did introduce Emily to the rocking horse. At first she was very skeptical (that is normal for Emily on anything new), but a few minutes later we tried it again and it was an instant hit, with more glee and a whole lot of "WEEE".


As the party finally began to wind down, it was time to pack up and take the long car ride home. And of course my little balloon lover made sure that she got a couple of balloon from the party and refused to let them out of her hands on the ride home. In fact, even after she fell asleep, those cute little hands remained locked around the strings.

That's pretty much it. Another week, another adventure for our wonderful daughter Emily.
1 comment:
She is wonderful, and it looks like she had a wonderful time.
So, you're gonna have a sandbox on your patio, huh? Sounds like you'll have sand everywhere -- lucky you!
You're going to get her a horsey and a tricycle too, right? You can't expect a girl to have all that fun and then go home and not have the same toys to enjoy! (Okay, I'm teasing now -- you don't need to get your princess every toy at Toys R Us!).
She is such a blessing, as our sweet Katie is to us!
Post a Comment